Dear Valued Client,
The DLS hosted PBX services you have been enjoying will soon bring even more value to your business. We continue to look for ways to improve our products and services based on your feedback.
Today I am pleased to announce the launch of the 5th major release of the DLS Hosted PBX. This release includes a number of significant enhancements to Queues, Faxing, Conferencing, Voicemail, Reporting, Call Routing, Predictive Dialer, and Interface Configuration. This release also includes some new features: LDAP Authentication, Multi-Tenant Support, and provisioning for Cisco 7945 handset and Bria softphone.
As in the past, this release will ensure functional backward compatibility with all of the old handsets and feature sets.
After three months of thorough Beta testing we now begin to roll out this release to you. DLS’ Network Operations team will be contacting each client to coordinate the date of their PBX upgrade.
Some of what’s new in this release:
- Multitenant Features allow clients to host multiple businesses within the same DLS Hosted PBX service. Each instance of the business can have independent user routing and extension numbering schemes, varying feature codes and handset logos.
- LDAP Support introduces integration of PBX users with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol. This feature simplifies PBX management in corporate environments by relying on LDAP or Microsoft Active Directory for providing contact directory administration while LDAP authentication allows central management of user passwords. Deactivation of an LDAP account automatically deactivates the PBX user.
- Video Conferencing is now available for internal PBX users. This release also brings an improved user experience, more configuration options and performance enhancements. Conferences can be monitored through the flash operator panel.
- Fax service was completely redesigned and now supports reliable T.38 protocol for email2fax and ATA devices. Any PBX extension can now be used as with a conventional analog fax machine through a simple ATA. PBX extensions can now automatically detect fax tones, accept faxes and route them to recipients email thus eliminating the need for having a separate “fax line”. Among other faxing enhancements are:
- Legal and Letter paper size support
- E-mail notification of transmission status
- Outbound caller-id configuration options
- Inbound delivery to multiple e-mail addresses
- Custom HTML headers and footers for fax confirmations
- Improvements in fax reporting
- Predictive Dialer Module was also redesigned with intelligence to adjust calling rate based on failure levels, restrict calls by called time zone, offer more campaign and disposition options.
- In response to our client requests, we have improved the reporting subsystem. Clients can now create and share report templates and schedule automatic report distribution with individualized scheduled delivery. Several new reports have been added including reports that graph over time. Many older reports now have additional information.
As with prior releases, DLS Hosted PBX 5.0 continues the tradition of in-house development. The upgrade will scheduled with you to minimize service impact. You will find a complete list of features and enhancement at https://dls.net//dls-hosted-pbx-release-notes/.
For your convenience we have published a DLS Hosted PBX 5.0 self-guided training video.
DLS also offers in-person PBX training which can be scheduled by contacting your DLS account manager at 800-323-2099.
As always we appreciate your patronage and are standing by to answer any questions you may have about the DLS Hosted PBX 5.0.