Connect your on-premise PBX to VoIP service without investing in new equipment.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
SIP Trunking FAQs
SIP trunking is a way to connect an on-premise IP phone system or a legacy phone system via VoIP gateway to a VoIP service provider.
- Least expensive route to deploy VoIP services throughout an organization
- Does not require new PBX or phone hardware
- Allows for quick addition and removal of voice channels – easily scales
- Predictable monthly costs
- Support of modern VoIP features such as SMS is only possible with the modern IP PBX
- Offers finite number of concurrent channels beyond which end users receive busy signals
- Requires in-house maintenance expertise of on-premise PBX system
You will need one channel for each concurrent phone call. It is best to base this number on peak times when most of your users are on the phone. For example, if during peak time hours your business uses 10 lines, you require 10 channels.
SIP Trunking Pricing
SIP Channel $24.99/month
One concurrent call on a SIP trunk includes unlimited local and long distance calls to the continental US and Canada. Excludes international.
Local Phone Number $5.00/month
10-digit NANP phone number in continental USA. Includes Enhanced 911 service. Fax compliant with T.38 support. SMS capable.
Toll-free Phone Number $5.00/month
10-digit toll-free phone number in continental USA. Includes Enhanced 911 service. Fax compliant with T.38 support. SMS capable.
One-time number porting fee $15.00
Price to port phone number from prior carrier
Volume and term discounts are available