DLS Internet Services is seeking a versatile Linux Systems Administrator. The Linux Systems Administrator will be an integral part of a passionate team of enthusiasts that develop and support a Unified Communications technology service.
This Linux Systems Administrator will upgrade existing Linux infrastructure and help shape new technology. The environment is very complex; we need someone to jump in, feet-first, on a number of different projects currently running. This person will need to be undaunted by the challenge of often learning new technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement, support, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot new applications and platforms in a complex, heterogeneous environment
- Maintain and support 160+ Linux installations running custom VoIP PBX based on Asterisk, MySQL and CentOs 6 (soon to be upgraded to Rocky Linux).
- Maintain and support 3 SIP proxy servers running Kamailio on CentOS 6.
- Maintain primary and caching load-balanced DNS servers, NTP servers, STUN/TURN servers.
- Maintain, grow and support KVM and Synology virtualization platforms.
- Maintain and support legacy mail server and active directory (LDAP) environment.
- Analyze existing software/hardware configurations and engineer new ways to improve them
- Troubleshoot system, application, and networking issues in a Linux environment
- Deploy network gear, sever & storage infrastructure, and data center hardware
- Professional systems administration experience in Linux/Unix (Debian-based, CentOS, RedHat) 24×7 production environments
- You like to learn and are passionate about new tech. You enjoy collaborative teammates and can get things done at your own direction.
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Use network and service monitoring tools: PRTG, NAGIOS, SolarWinds.
- Experience with MariaDB/MySQL, Perl, PHP, Bash/Shell
- Hands-on, technical experience deploying and supporting MySQL and Apache
- Knowledgeable of IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools.
- You are a team player that can follow and improve upon existing procedures and diligent about the importance of accurate and complete documentation