An opportunity for an energetic and responsible individual with strong analytical skills, knowledge of IP networking, Linux system administration experience and leadership skills. This individual will be responsible for activities of a small technical support team which provides call center helpdesk support, equipment testing/configuration, assistance with field installations and customer service related issues.
Ideal candidate should have a minimum of one year experience in technical or customer support, excellent written and oral communication, and a desire to excel in a technical field. Position will require troubleshooting a wide range of technical problems with customers over the phone and in the field when needed.
Troubleshoot and resolve SIP based VoIP Applications for Business and Consumers.
- Selection will be a SIP based VoIP Applications Technical Support Member.
- Supervise a team of support personnel who troubleshoot a broad range of IT systems and VoIP related issues
- Implement Policies and Procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected
- Ensure efficient issue resolution in minimum time
- Evaluate products or services and suggest changes to existing products or services to better aid end user
- Be willing to meet demands of 24×7 support role requiring participation in on-call rotation
- Engage in troubleshooting of a wide array of technology with customers via phone
- Multi-task in a stressful environment
- Document issues and calls clearly and concisely
- Issue daily recaps – Maintain a clean work area and appearance
- Customer focus
- Excellent Verbal and written communications skills
- Basic experience with Linux, scripting and/or VoIP Applications or related skills.
- Exposure to LDAP and SQL
- Exposure to Cisco CLI
- Exposure to Asterisk or other VoIP PBX
- Strong computer knowledge
- Good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, PPPoE, VOIP
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS, Linux/Unix preferred
- Strong communication and documentation abilities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Education
- A+, Network+, CCNA certifications preferred