Technical Support Department: Support Technician
An opportunity for an energetic and responsible individual with strong analytical skills, knowledge of IP networking, Linux system administration experience and leadership skills. This individual will be responsible for activities of a small technical support team which provides call center helpdesk support, equipment testing/configuration, assistance with field installations and customer service related issues.
Ideal candidate should have a minimum of one year experience in technical or customer support, excellent written and oral communication, and a desire to excel in a technical field. Position will require troubleshooting a wide range of technical problems with customers over the phone and in the field when needed.
Troubleshoot and resolve SIP based VoIP Applications for Business and Consumers.
- Selection will be a SIP based VoIP Applications Technical Support Member.
- Supervise a team of support personnel who troubleshoot a broad range of IT systems and VoIP related issues
- Implement Policies and Procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected
- Ensure efficient issue resolution in minimum time
- Evaluate products or services and suggest changes to existing products or services to better aid end user
- Be willing to meet demands of 24×7 support role requiring participation in on-call rotation
- Engage in troubleshooting of a wide array of technology with customers via phone
- Multi-task in a stressful environment
- Document issues and calls clearly and concisely
- Issue daily recaps – Maintain a clean work area and appearance
- Customer focus
- Excellent Verbal and written communications skills
- Basic experience with Linux, scripting and/or VoIP Applications or related skills.
- Exposure to LDAP and SQL
- Exposure to Cisco CLI
- Exposure to Asterisk or other VoIP PBX
- Strong computer knowledge
- Good understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, PPPoE, VOIP
- Experience with Windows, Mac OS, Linux/Unix preferred
- Strong communication and documentation abilities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Education
- A+, Network+, CCNA certifications preferred